How to sideload Bodyswaps onto Android mobile devices
First of all you'll need to allow sideloading of apps on your phone. This simply means that the app has been installed outside of the Google Play or other on-device store. Android changed how this works in Oreo (v8), so you may need to check which OS version you have on your mobile phone and follow the relevant instructions below.
Oreo (8.0) and later
In later Android versions you select Sideloading on a per app basis rather than globally. We are going to install the app via Chrome. Here is how you do this:
- Go to Settings - the quickest way is by pulling down the notification shade and tapping the gear icon
- From Settings tap Apps, this will reveal all the install apps on your phone
- Scroll down to find the advanced settings or you can tap the three dots menu to reveal a sub menu. You want to click the item Special Access
- In the next menu click on Install unknown apps
- Find Chrome in the list and select then toggle the Allow from this source to on
Older Android Versions
On older Android versions this is enabled globally.
- Pull down the notification shade and tap the gear icon to access your Settings menu
- Scroll down and tap on Security
- Scroll down until you see "Unknown Sources" and toggle it to on
Download the app
- Open the email in which you have been sent a link to the Bodyswaps APK on your mobile phone
- Click on the link and select to open in it Chrome
- Click OK when you see any warnings about "this type of file can harm your device".
- Click Install when asked
Bodyswaps should now be installed!