The Devices page is only viewable by Administrators.
From the devices tab you can:
- Browse a list of all headsets/mobile devices you have Bodyswaps installed on
- Edit the name of the device - to make it easier to remember
- Change launch settings on the device - for example Kiosk and Demo modes
- Login anonymously into the Bodyswaps app
- Deactivate devices
Whenever a new user signs into a device using a shortcode Bodyswaps will automatically register this device in our database. There is no need to activate the app on a new device first.
However there are some cases when you may want to use an anonymous login rather than login as a particular user. This might be:
- You are facilitating a session and are not interested in tracking users or are unable to pre-enrol learners.
Note: this won’t work if your account has a user limit. If you want to have anonymous users please use the Guest Login function.
Preparing the device
To do this, you will need to either:
- Run Bodyswaps from a fresh installation
- Run Bodyswaps then on the main menu screen click on Access Code entry button (the 9 dots)
This will show you a screen a bit like this:
Generate an anonymous code
Whilst logged into Bodyswaps Go, go to the Devices page then click Anon Access Code. This will open a window that will show you the six digit code to access on the app.
Typically this code is valid for 10 minutes.
If you run out of time, just click the Refresh Code to create a new one.
Enter this code into the app on the device.
From now, you can use Bodyswaps freely within the quotas of your contract. This only needs to be done once.
This device is operating in anonymous mode.
Renaming the device
Once this is done, the list should update and you’ll see your device appear in your inventory.
By default, devices are identified by a unique ID code, which is long string of numbers cryptographically generated. This isn’t very memorable, so you have an opportunity to rename the device.
Click on the Pencil icon by the device to open the edit screen and then change the name to something more meaningful.
Deactivating a device
If you are no longer intending to use Bodyswaps on a device, you can deactivate it and free up that slot for another device. Just click on the trash can icon and confirm you want to remove it.
Next time the app is run on that device it will go back to unauthorised mode and can only be used in demo mode.