How to install Bodyswaps for Quest (Consumer and Business)
Oculus Store (Consumer Quest)
IMPORTANT: Each Meta headset, such as the Quest 2, needs to be linked to a different Meta account or Facebook account. This is an OS feature designed to reduce piracy and affects all applications, not just Bodyswaps.
If you have multiple headsets connected to the same account, you'll only be able to access Bodyswaps on one headset at a time instead of simultaneously if they're set up with separate accounts.
Ideally, you would therefore need to create or use 1 email address with each new Meta account. Depending on your institution’s IT policy, we found this to be a potential blocker.
- Alternatively, turn on the Developer mode on each headset & load the Bodyswaps APK, read how here.
Option 1: Via a web browser
- Click on this link: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3714188128706579/
- Click OK on the App Lab warning
- Click Purchase / Install (the app is free)
Option 2: Via the Oculus mobile app
- In the app click on the store tab
- Click on the search icon at the top and type “bodyswaps”
- Click on the Bodyswaps app to install - ignore the “This app may be experimental or still in development” message.
- Accept the App Lab pop-up and click purchase / install
Option 3: Inside the headset
- From the Oculus Home dashboard click on Store
- Click the search icon and type “bodyswaps”
- Select Bodyswaps App
- Accept the App Lab warning
- Click OK on the app lab Purchase / Install (the app is free)
Third-party MDMs & Sideloading
- Oculus For Business is discontinued and no longer available for purchase. Meta doesn't provide their own MDM solution yet to replace it
- Previously, using a consumer Quest required the administrator to use a Facebook account, however, they can now use the new "Meta accounts". Meta accounts can be quickly created with any email. Existing Facebook accounts can be migrated to a Meta account relatively painlessly. As mentioned, each meta headset, such as the Quest 2, needs to be linked to a different Meta account or Facebook account.
- You can use a third-party MDM such as Arbor XR or Manage XR for a monthly fee. Using an MDM like Arbor XR or Manage XR allows you to install our app (and any other ones you may be using) remotely on a fleet of devices. If you are using Arbor XR or Manager XR and would like to be added to our Bodyswaps distribution list, please contact your Customer Success team member or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Oculus for Business Device Manager
- Login into your workplace group and navigate to device management https://my.workplace.com/device_management/
- Navigate to Apps and click Add App.
- Enter the URI and hashcode above.
- Go to the Devices Fleet tab, click on the desired headsets group and then Apps tab.
- Click Add App and select Bodyswaps app from the list and press Save.
- Uninstall any previous installations of Bodyswaps
- Delete the Bodyswaps app from your App Library
- Add it back in using the instructions above.