The Users page is only available to Administrators.
This page shows you all the enrolled users for your organisation, including those registered via a class. Classes are groups of users who are assigned specific content, more on this here.
Users include learners (students), coaches and administrators.
There are three ways to enrol users to Bodyswaps:
Each user can be assigned one or more roles and also given a tag for quick search purposes.
Enrolling individual users
Click the Add User button at the top and put in their name and email address and optionally assign roles and a tag. You can also restrict content access at a user level. Once a user has been added, ensure you invite them to register for Bodyswaps Go by clicking on the mail icon next to their name. Invitations can also be sent in bulk - more on this is explained below.
Every user can be given one or more role(s) - the more roles they have, the more they can do in Bodyswaps:
- Learners (default) - can generate shortcodes to access the app.
- Coaches - can create classes, add users to classes and view tracking data for learners in their class.
- Administrators - can create classes, manage users, devices and access.
The tag field allows you to add a tag for each user to search amongst your users later if you have a lot of them from the search bar in the User tab and in Classes. You can add this when adding a user initially or can edit this on their user page at a later stage by clicking the pencil icon (right-hand side of their account in the user list).
By default, learners can use any content that is enabled for your organisation account. However if you prefer specific users can be restricted to specific content using the drop down list here.
Note: There is a much more convenient way to do this via the classes function.
Bulk user enrolment
You can import users via a CSV file by following the instructions linked here.
Alternatively, you can create a class and create a URL that links to a form where users can self-enrol themselves.
Registration and invites
It’s important to understand that we don’t force every learner to create a password on Bodyswaps Go.
With classes, learners can generate six-digit codes via a unique URL that is emailed to them. This makes it quicker for them to get to the content and by-passes the need for a Learner Bodyswaps Go account.
However admins and coaches do have to register and create a password. For these users the process is:
- Add them to the system using name/email
- Bodyswaps sends them an invitation email
- They click on the email and create a password
In the user list you can see the status of the user’s registration:
The status can be:
- None - the user is enrolled, but has not registered.
- A single envelope icon is visible that you can click to trigger an invite message (not applicable for guest users).
- Invite sent - the user has been sent an invite but not responded yet.
- A multiple envelope icon is visible that you can click to resend the invite in case they lost it.
- Registered - the user has created a password and can access Bodyswaps Go.
Clicking on the envelope icon to send an invitation to lots of users would be time-consuming, so you can do this with a single click on the button SEND INVITATIONS. This will show the following dialogue option:
You can then click to send an invitation email to all your users, or the ones that haven’t been invited yet.
Note: this feature is also available at the class level.
The invitation email
When the invitation email is sent it contains a unique link from which they can create a password to access Bodyswaps Go.
You may have a maximum number of users allocated to your account. If so you will not be able to upload or create new users once you have exceeded this allocation.